Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Expectations...

Well, I've been home two weeks and I'm moving back to school already and I start in a week. I don't feel like I've been home for two weeks. Infact, I'm just not so sure exactly how I feel. I know... I STILL don't know.

I know that I wish my debt would be paid off when I graduate so that I could move back to Honduras right after graduation. I'm not joking. People aren't understanding that but that's ok and I know my mom and dad would support it. They have been the number two people who have heard so much information over the last two weeks that I'm sure they feel like I've just spit it all out. But oh how I have needed it.

I came back thinking I knew how different people would react and receive all of the information. So far all of my expectations have been completely WRONG! Its a little difficult but I'm just remembering that God is still the creator of all of the mountains including the ones that involve people and going back to school. Going back to people my age... people getting ready to graduate college... people that haven't been mothers to a deaf 12 year old... that haven't lived in another country alone... that haven't gone through what I've been through... it's so difficult.

All I can do is prepare for my senior year and all of the mountains that are going to come with it. All I can do is look to the creator and know that he is still in control and still made those mountians, not just the Honduras ones but the America ones too.

Your prayers are still needed and appreciated. I will still try to report from time to time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is probably one of the hardest things.....making people understand. They can't! They have not walked in your shoes. I am living it too girl! Like you said though, it's ok. It ultimately is not about anyone else nor what they think. Just stay focused and I know the Lord has layed Honduras on your heart for a reason. He is faithful....and if He wants you back there after graduation, remember He is much bigger than any amount of debt!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

i'm SO proud of you and all you've accomplished this summer! i'd say without a doubt that you have left a mighty mark on the people of honduras especially one lady with the big red hair (robin) and one little deaf child (tenisha). god will use you in a huge way! just remember he is in control and he holds you in the palm of his hand! good luck as you begin your senior year at college! good grief it sure has gone by fast!
love you MORE!

Anonymous said...

Bridgette, I'm praying for you as you return to college. Can't believe you are a senior! This year will fly by and it will be fun to see what God has in store for you! He is faithful & mighty! Remember to pray for your parents also! It's hard on a parent's heart to send their child back to college, even though it's only 3 1/2 hours away! I think your heart now understands that a bit more since you were Tenisha's mother this summer! And by the way, you were a very good mother. I enjoyed reading about your adventures! Go with God! Love, Sharon Bonnot