Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Sharing

I have just been sharing with a couple of groups this past week. It seems crazy that I have been already been home for a week. It does not seem like it but things have been so good. I shared at my Grandma's church on Sunday. I can honestly say that they are my sending church. They were so sweet, welcoming, and loving to me. It was a great first place to share. It was also my first church service in English in 10 weeks. Crazy. They did have missionaries to Mexico home and he closed the service with a prayer-- in SPANISH! Oh it felt so good.

I went to the store that afternoon, first time since being back. First thing I saw was a Mango! AHH! Then I turned the corner to see a papaya (not as big as ours), pineapple, coconut, and more mangos... it was great! I smiled and remembered Honduras then moved on. I've cooked pastillitos and plantain not bad.

I have shared at my mom's missions possible church group tonight. I love those ladies and their constant support. It was such a relaxing environment and to hear them all laughing at the silly stories was very help for me to be able to process feelings and emotions.

It has been so great to have places to share at... I'm still in the process of figuring out all of my feelings and changes that have taken place in my life this past summer. I have gone through all of my pictures and have put them in an album, picture frame, and scrap book. But having done all that I still haven't actually processed everything yet.

My world doesn't still feel as turned upside down. It just feels like things have been so busy since being home that Honduras is gone. But I know its not, its in my heart and its changed my life I just haven't had time to figure it all out or I just haven't felt like it or am avoiding it but you know whatever. ha!

Just keep praying for all ot the adjustments and what not. I promise I will call you soon if I haven't called you. Please know that I haven't forgotten you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All normal emotions. Like you said, even though you have left Honduras.....Honduras has not left YOU! Praying that you will experience peace!

We love you.........

Jackie Rita said...

Love you friend! Cant wait to see you!

ORANGEHOUSE said...

I am enjoying reading your blog, which I only discovered after you left a comment on mine. I'm sure Martha knew about it, but I didn't. I also bought some plantains at the store and cooked them - I think I'm finally getting the hang of it now.

I am also sharing about our trip at a Rotary Club meeting on the 16th. I hope you continue be blessed by the trip and I pray for you to get your debts paid soon!
Brian