Thursday, August 7, 2008

Upside Down!

Hey!

I am home safely. Drove 2.5 hours to the airport in San Pedro Sula yesterday morning with Robin. I was the second to last person to check in for my flight. So time at the airport was limited with Robin and Tenisha-- but I KNOW that was from the Lord and a great plan because it didn't give us time to say how much we loved each other and were going to miss each other and all of the other mushy stuff. I arrived in Houston at 4:15.

I ate a hot and spicy from McDonalds as my VERY FIRST thing. Then me, mom, and dad all ate at Texas Roadhouse-- so that was really yummy! Yes, there were tears from all of us at the airport. I was exhausted yesterday so I don't think any of the emotional junk or realization had taken place-- I'm sure it still hasn't but yea, we're getting there.

I am SO glad to be home but I just feel like the world I was in has been ripped from my life and everything has been turned upside down. Please be in prayer for me as I readjust. My calendar is still on May so I kind of feel like it's still only may here. Its SUCH a weird feeling. Just be in prayer please.

I have unpacked, reorganizedish, gone through mail and newspapers, now I'm about to go get my hair cut, walmart, dentist. AH! So much to do. Please know that I love you all so much and want to call you all and hear you. But if you don't hear from me I have not forgotten you and will call you soon. Thanks for your faithfulness.

You can look for posts on here from time to time. I'm sure that I am going to use this as a way to express all of the mixed up emotions... it might not be an everyday thing but there will continue to be postings.

LOVE YA'LL!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are safely home! HOME! There's no place like it! Enjoy your time with your parents as I know they just can't quite get enough of you after not seeing you for 2 1/2 months! I'm praying for you as you readjust and as you prepare for you SENIOR year at UMHB! I might just have to come visit you there to get my UMHB fix - I miss it! Love, Sharon Bonnot

Anonymous said...

Bridgette,
I just wanted to let you know that I am glad you are home safe, and I so much enjoyed reading about your adventures in another country. School is just around the corner for me so my life will be in the fast lane. Let me know how you are doing from time to time and keep up the great work you have done. God rewards those that do good in the world. Have a great last year at college.
Elaine Gassner

Phillip said...

Hey, glad your back! I'm praying for you, it can be hard I know. See you soon!

ORANGEHOUSE said...

Hey Bridge!! I miss you! We went to the beach today and it was just NOT the same without you. BUT, having said that, I KNOW that God has you right where He wants you and I totally trust Him with you!!! I'm even realizing that we leave next week and there is a ton of stuff still to be done. Even on my end. Souviner shopping, cleaning the house, seeing a few more sights, etc. etc. etc. I love you friend. Let's stay connected!!

Love,
Martha

Jackie Rita said...

FRIEND!! I am glad that you are home safely. I will be praying for your readjustment time. I know part of how you feel (i was there that long as you know) but i'm here if you need anything. Love you friend!

Anonymous said...

I'm estatic that you are home! I love spending time with you! Thank you everyone who has prayed and encouraged and read this blog!
hugs and kisses miss bridgette

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all went well and you are "home." We love you!!!!

**Have you found it yet????