Thursday, June 5, 2008

Highs and Lows

Today has just been one of those days filled with really high highs and really low lows. I started this day out on the low end of the spectrum. I again, was being left alone to care for the kids and teams while Robin, Elise, Joy, and Sarah all went to buy groceries for the camp. However, I did sleep really well last night and had a late morning. But woke up early enough to spend some good ol quality time with my Father in Heaven.

I have so loved being able to sit out on the veranda in the cool of the morning spending time in the word and praying. Oh how I wish I had one of those in America. That would be so nice and peaceful. That brought me to the High. I read the verse in Matthew where it talks about not worrying about the future or what God is doing but to just trust in him for all the day we are in. We have enough strength for one day at a time. We can´t use tomorrow´s strength worrying about tomorrow because we don´t have it yet.

The rest of the day into the village was pretty much a high. We were in the villiage of a man that has a cancer growth on his face. He is such a precious man. We loved on him until I don´t know if we could love on him anymore.... ok ok we could have but time didn´t allow it. I helped him make a craft last year at camp. It was so good to see him again. We also saw little Jonathon. Jackie do you remember him? He was Lacey´s child at camp and always ran away. Jonathon is the little boy that had never brushed is teeth before. He has grown so much in the last year. Not only physically where he has lost teeth... but also his language growth. It was so difficult to communicate with him last year at camp and now-- he has language and communication.

There have been a couple of other lows since being back from the villiages but none that are significant enough to mention tonight. Just pray for my strength and protection from Satan. I kind of feel like today was the first time in the trip where I´ve ¨missed¨ home but at the sametime I want this to be home too. I just feel like this expirence could be so much more enriched by having my loved ones with me to capture the beauty of this country and its people.

We at a delicious resturant tonight with bar b que and black beans. Jackie!! You remember those? I know you do... they were amazing tonight and no worries I ate enough for me and you together. Ha! We even danced... I love watching the deaf dance... they sure do have moves.

Tonight has definetly ended on a high. It has potential to end on a low but I think this high moment is going to carry me for the rest of my life. Miguel has been with us a week now and oh I wish there was a way I could have taped evey moment he has been here so that you could watch him grow and soak in all of the language he has learned. Since I´ve been tucking them in at night I´ve kept Tenisha in her routine which of course includes prayer. Miguel has gotten into that routine too. He hasn´t let me forget once. Tonight he lead his bed time prayer. It was such a beautiful sight and comfirmation that although I go through highs and lows God is working in the lives of the Deaf here as well as mine because he is using ME!

Camp starts tomorrow... Pray for that. Pray for Robin´s sanity during this time. Pray for safety and learning. Just Pray for Camp and the campers!

I will try to post but I´m not sure if we´ll be staying at camp or here at the house. I love each and everyone of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sweet thing
i'll be praying for more highs, but you know those mountain top experiences are where we receive our refreshment from God and then those lows are where He's working on us and we use what we learned on the mountain.
hang in there--be open--have a teachable spirit and a moldable (is that a word?) heart!
have a great time at camp! be safe
love u MORE!

Gary said...

Hello Bridgette! This is now my 3rd time to try and send you a note!I am such a techy! I love your blog so I can keep up with you. I am so proud of you and so excited for you. I know God is going to use you in great ways! I want you to know I will be praying for you but mostly for the people in Honduras if you are going to be driving! Love you. Bro. Gary

Anonymous said...

Well after reading your post I will just pray for everything. It sounds like you are having fun and good things are getting done. What your mom said is really true I know from first hand experence. I never thought I would feel the way I do. God has touched my life in a way that I would never have known if I had not gone through what I have. He is still working with me each day. Just being there is making a difference in someones life and it's all worth it. Love Mama Linda

Jackie Rita said...

Hey friend,

I'm glad everything is going pretty well. Take it all in stride my friend like you are doing. We can have the highs without the lows. If we did how would we know we were on top of the world.

Let me know how camp went. I missing you and Honduras more than ever. :) I hope you remembered to tell my little Honduranio (sp??) that I said Hi.

Praying for you!!

Oh p.s. Yes I do remember Jonathan. We was so little and so sweet. How is he??