Monday, June 9, 2008

Shopping... Americans... Lessons

Greetings to All you Faithful Readers!!

Today was a great... fairly laid back... and relaxing day. We all went to the school and played with the kids there for a few hours while their parents and teachers were in a seminar with the professor from Baylor. We ate lunch on the shore of the beach which was fun and relaxing. The beach is pretty to look at because it is surrounded by the Mountains... it has GOT to be the best view in the world. I will definetly be going back there on occasion and will get pictures of the perfect scenery. We went shopping shortly there afterward. I went ahead and bought mostly all of my stuff to bring home because I figured it would be way more fun to shop with teams here then all by myself with Tenisha in July or August.

I am feeling so much better now. I'm not sure if it's because I'm feeling more comfortable in the city... driving around ans what not or if I'm just getting more settled in and over the homesickness. Apparently there is this 3 days, 3 weeks, and 3 month marks. At each of these points a person will expirence homesickness. So expect the doubts and loneliness to hit again in a few weeks. HA!

God has definetly been working it all out together perfectly. Thank you all for your prayers in that department for my peace of mind and strength. God has put people in my life that are encouraging me in ways I could have never imagined possible. Thank You! :)

God is revealing to me how um... selfish, generally rude, and insanely difficult Americans can be in a forgein country. I know I know I am American too but I really hope at this point that I do not act like the typical American "tourist". The lack of respect toward the culture here and the differences. The way a restuarant can have everything set up perfectly to serve 30 americans and then the Americans can't handle the heat and have to move to a completely new location. AHH!!!!!!!!!! Ok I'm over that. It's just confirmation that I am called to serve aboard not in America.

Anyway, we're watching a movie now and just relaxing this evening so it's nice. We've got villages the next two days so those will be long hard days and then thursday and friday we are going to the jungle. So that'll be fun to get away and relax. So I need your help. We have the choice to raft or to the zipline. I ziplined last year but if I did it this year I would find away to get some video footage. Please let me know your ideas.

Continue to pray for the health and safety of the teams. You guys are great and wonderful. Love You All!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

zip line--i'd definately zip line! who am i kidding? if i were you i'd zip line--then i could experience it! lol you can always raft!
have a fun day!
hugs and kisses to all
love u MORE!

Anonymous said...

Bridgette, I read your posts each day and praying for you! I would zip line, too! Thanks again for being a great wedding secretary! Love, Sharon Bonnot

Jackie Rita said...

We zipped last year. You should raft and tell me all about it. (Sorry Momma Tina I think she should raft.)

I miss you!!!