Today was a relatively lazy. I got a great night sleep... it was completely interrupted but the interruptions were some of the best in my life. The New England team was still here and spending the night at the mission house. That's what started it all off.
We got pizza and came to the house and just hung out and spent our last together with them. They are a great group and I'm so thankful that I got ot be included in so much of their adventure. I crashed about 11:45 but was woken up at 1:15 to the sounds of a Mariachi Band. It was absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I will never be able to forget being woken up by this band singing my name. Apparently someone taped it so I will have proof of this amazing alarm clock. I got back to bed about the time the New England team had to be getting up to leave for the bus station. 4:30 came very early! I woke up to tell them all good-bye and do the traditional hugs. I went back to sleep but was woken up at 7 by Tenisha ready to go to school. She didn't go to school today so I wasn't able to go back to sleep but I finally rolled out of bed about 8.
Got some laundry done and then helped Amanda clean and organize the house. It looks SO much better! Then I got to help Tenisha with her math. That is part of what Robin does, she spends about 2 hours a day working on her school work one on one with her. At this point she can add and subtract relatively well but is having a hard time counting past about 20. We are working on it. Mrs. Gassner-- I would love any tips on how to teach a child to count. She doesn't understand the pattern that after twenty all of the numbers go up to 9. HELP!
We're watching a movie now. Robin and Joy are leaving tomorrow to go into the mountains before Joy leaves on Thursday. It'll give them so good alone time and it'll give me and Tenisha a trial run of living on our own before July. I think it'll be a great adventure and I can't wait to report on it.
I'll be picking her up from school tomorrow at 11 and then we're going to go to the mall. They have a DVD store where the DVDs cost 50 lmps. That is well 2.50 or so for a BRAND NEW DVD! I'm loading up tomorrow. So if you have any suggestions or would like to put in an order I would be glad to pick you up some cheap movies. That is cheaper than renting them in the US. IT's pretty exciting...
Dr. C said my hand looked ok. He gave me an antibotic just to protect against infection. I'm keeping it cleaned, covered, and filled with creme so there is no worry. Just Pray for Tenisha and I we rough it out ourselves the next couple of days. It's going to be exciting. I can't wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Bridge!
Glad things are continuing to go well! You are going to have some great stories when you get back. Speaking of...when are you headed back home? The Hollingsworth Fam (yes...all 5!) will be in Edna July 24-27. Couldn't remember if you were coming back in July or August. Anyway, I hope we can see you, but if not, we know where you live. I'm not mentioning any names, but a certain someone I know has a tendency to go into other people's rooms and "mess with stuff!" I'll just make sure he doesn't eat any of you or your mom's baked goods while there!
We love you!
Still praying........
Wow!! Tenisha all to yourself...cant wait to read the other post to find out how it went!
Post a Comment