Thursday, June 19, 2008

Walking Ceiba

It has been a calm last two days. I´ve been here alone with Tenisha and have taken on the mommy roll. It´s a tough having an eleven, almost twelve, year old deaf child who is only at the pre-k/k learning level. Please pray for my patience, God is definetly teaching me in that area.

Here´s what our day looks like:
6 am- Rise and Shine
7 am- Off to school, Bridge walks home
8 am- 11am- Bridgette´s only alone time!
11 am- pick up Tenisha, eat lunch
12pm-5pm- Teaching Tenisha, Chores, Work
5pm- supper time
5pm-7pm- relax, shower, bed
9pm or 10pm- Bridgette finds the bed

And we start all over again. Oh what a fun July we have instore for us! Ha! I´m sure Robin will leave work for me to do, preparations and what not. Plus, I can volunteer at the school some weeks. We can also go to the mall and eat lunch on the beach. It won´t be bad. But we´ve got to teach this child how to count.

We´ve been going to school by taxi and I´ve walked home the past two days. It´s about a 40 minute walk. I would say it has to be at least 2 miles if not more. But I´m enjoying it. It´s been cool here the past couple of mornings which is nice. Yes, the area is safe so no worries there.

Robin gets home this evening. I´m sure Tenisha is ready for that! We´ve had to make simple meals for lunch and dinner because we haven´t been able to get gas for the stove, hopefully we can get some this afternoon. I really need to learn spanish!

Thank you all for your continued faithfulness to the blog. I will post more pictures as soon as I get them. Love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun days! i think working at the school would be a great experience! what about the ark and rainbow? have u used those yet?
i'm glad the walk is safe! lunch on the beach sounds good!
off to clean--yuck!
be safe
love u MORE!

Anonymous said...

i loved your pics!!!!! they are precious! miss you, bridgette, and praying for you!!!
jill and joe

Jackie Rita said...

OOO roughing it huh? Bet you did WONDERFULLY!! Its like camping but better!