I stayed at the school today. Prayers would be so greatly appreciated concerning this situation. I´m going to go back and stay Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I´m going to use the ark on Monday, the Rainbow on Wednesday, and Friday I´m going to just do a review with a couple of different games that involve counting. But I think this is going to be my last week. I´m not enjoying or benefiting from being there. Pray that this week will be benefical for the kids and that they will have open minds and will learn. Pray also for the time I will have to prepare more intense lessons for Tenisha and the extra time I will have to invest completely in her.
We met up with Brain´s wife Martha and their two boys David-11 and Jonathan-7. We ate lunch at the park that is a block away from their house and about 5 blocks away from Tenisha´s school. We then walked back to their house and spent about two hours over their playing Uno Attack. Tenisha LOVED it! She had so much fun with the boys and they did with her as well. This is such a precious family and I´m thankful to God for placing them here at the same time as me. They have invited us to hang out with them anytime we want and infact have invited us to spend the early afternoon with them at the beach tomorrow. It will be SO good for Tenisha and me too, to get out of the house and for her to have kids to play with.
As you can see from the pictures below we barley celebrated 4th of July. I feel anti-american right now. I didn´t come to Honduras to live like an American so I´m not allowing myself to stay in the American mind set. We ate corn tortillas-- I made those handmade btw-- with chicken, refried beans, veggies, and creme. They were really yummy. Watched Legally Blonde 2: Red, White, and Blonde-- I figured this would be a great way to celebrate. Robin left us sparklers to celebrate with as well. It was DIFFICULT to get them lit and enjoy them but we got two lit for a second and then decided to end our celebration for the night.
I hope each of you enjoyed your 4th of July and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Stay safe out there! Thanks so much for your prayers and support. You each mean so much in my life!
Happy 8th Birthday Reagan!! Have a Fun Birthday!! Love You!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Thank you so much! She did have a great day! (thank you Tina!!....she was one happy little 8 yr. old!)
Lori
BTW....I want to see a picture of this truck you're driving. ha!
Friend I know its difficult being there. BUT you are an AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL PERSON...and you are doing an awesome job. Do get discouraged which I feel like you sounded in this blog. Just think...Robin gave up EVERYTHING to LIVE there with NO ONE. WOW. Like I thought about that when I was there but it didnt hit me till I read this blog and REALLY thought about it. We love and support you friend!! Lifting you up to the Father!!!
Post a Comment