Monday, July 21, 2008

New Day...

I had a new day today. I know you´re probably thinking DUH Bridgette... everyday is a new day. I know that but normally if I don´t stay at the school-- which has really just been Tuesdays then I at least stay in the neighborhood so I don´t have to pay for a taxi. I generally go to the Dunkin Donuts or I´ve walked to the El Sauce playground just down the road to enjoy being outside in God´s creation. Either one works and is close to the school. After a while at both I generally walk to the mall and hang out there before walking back to the school to get my kid.

Today, I was going to stay at the school but really felt like I needed to just have some time for myself and for God. So I walked to the little playground. Spent some time with God then I caught the bus and road to El Centro-- the center of town. I went into the store where Robin and I bought our cheap dresses. They have name brand clothes for really cheap. Infact, I got 3 shirts today for 4 dollars. TOTAL! Ha! It made my day! Then I walked around the corner and got an Orange with Granola juice drink. I´ve tried strawberry, banana, watermelon, and pineapple. So I figured why not branch out and get orange with granola today-- that´s what Robin always gets. Ok so that IS NOT a favorite! ha! I´ll stick to my other ones until I´m brave enough to try mango, papaya, or carrot-- yuck!

Walked back to the school just in time to wait a few mintues for Tenisha. I got a phone call from Martha while I was waiting. She has invited us over tomorrow after school-- it´s SO nice that they live just right there and we are able to just walk after school. But tomorrow is extra special. Brian is taking his group to a villiage that is about 4 hours away so they are spending the night int he villiage. SO... we are having a sleep over! YIPPIE! I waited until about 4:30 to actually tell Tenisha about the sleep over part but she is SO excited about it! I think it´ll be really good and fun for us and them too.

I´m planning on making pastillitos in the morning and taking them over for lunch. Martha hasn´t had a meat one yet and we have the stuff so I thought it would be a fun idea. Hopefully they will turn out right... ECK! I´m a little nervous but... I guess not too much could go wrong except the flour tortilla part... umm... I WILL let you know how that goes. I´m excited too because it will be the first time since I have been here to sleep in AC and not be woken up by a rooster... YEA! It´ll probably the best night´s sleep that I have gotten in the past 8 weeks.

I will try to blog tomorrow but no promises. Pray for safety and protection from Satan. It is evident to me that there is a lot of spiritual warfare going on. It´s like there are only 15 days left in this journey BUT Satan is going to try his hardest to throw a lot of mess in the way trying to prevent me from leaving my mark-- making an impression-- and impact. Pray against Satan´s fight.

Love You all So much! Thank You again so much for all of your faithfulness and devotion to this blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for you to stay strong and for satan to be bound!
have fun at your sleep over!
hugs and kisses
love u MORE

Jackie Rita said...

Glad you had God time. So important. Esp when you're that far from home.

3 shirts for 4 DOLLARS!! Awesome! Dont forget me in your shirt shopping :) jk

Can I have some of those pastillitos?? :) Cant wait for you to get back! Miss you friend!