Sunday Julio 27, 2008
Today is church day! We had a relaxing morning… I slept until 9:15—that was AMAZING! I had already finished the sermon so didn’t really have a lot to do. We of course don’t have internet so that eliminated one thing although I did try and mess with it just to see if I could get it to work… no luck! Oh well, I think I’m ok with it now. Tenisha and I played UNO and then got ready and headed to church.
Now, this is the weekend Amanda, Orlan, and Nancy were gone to a camp in the capital city. It’s their annual camp and since they are the leaders in the church the went. I was a little doubtful as to weather or not people would show up for church or if they would just automatically assume it was canceled or just don’t like my preaching. No I’m not kidding or being over exaggerate. So let me start off with the funny story.
So we get in the taxi—as normal and get to the church which is just beside a restaurant so I go to pay him all I have is 100 lps. It cost 40 for both of us. He of course doesn’t have change… argh! I ‘m like great he’s like well go get change. At this point I’m like argh… you are the one that is suppose to have change! So we walk into the restaurant are greeted by a waiter and I’m like can I get change? He’s like huh? I’m like change? He walks outside with us when I turn to find someone new that can help us. He sees the taxi and realizes we need change to pay him. He doesn’t have it so he goes out to pay the taxi driver. I then order a bottle of water so that I can pay him back and break the hundred. AHH!! It was really funny. Tenisha’s confused the whole time and I’m just laughing and slightly angry at the stupid taxi driver. But whatever.
We walk across the street to the church and guess what… NO ONE WAS THERE! At this point I’m laughing. I’m like ok yea go figure. We wait a few minutes and one family shows up. The attendance for church today was 2 people, their 5 year old child—who can’t walk, that they carried to the end of the road for the taxi, Teni, and me. We waited until 2 o’ clock. We sat around and chatted… I loved on little Jasmine. We prayed and we walked to the street with them so they could catch a bus and we a taxi.
The rest of the afternoon consisted of walking to the gas station to buy a cake mix for David’s birthday cake that we are baking and taking over on Tuesday and getting change so we can pay appropriately tomorrow. Ha! We’re just relaxing now but I had to sit down and blogish… before I went insane. Ha! About to tuck my girl into bed.
OH!! Mom, while I’m thinking of it since I forgot earlier. Grey’s Anatomy starts back September 25th. So mark the calendar… it is VERY exciting!
Monday Julio 28, 2008
I feel like there is so much to report on but I can’t think of ANY of it! My hair is being style at the moment by Tenisha… ha! I’m sure it’s going to look wonderful… last time she did it in pig tails… HILARIOUS and yes we took pictures. Unfortunately you probably won’t see them unless we get internet back. They are suppose to come look at it… FINALLY—a week later--- tomorrow morning. Luckily, I will be here since I don’t stay at the school on Tuesdays.
I didn’t stay today. I’m kind of at the point where I feel like now my work is done there. I might be stay on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday but we’ll just have to see what those days present. I am being more of the teacher when I’m there instead of just an assistant. But I feel good now not staying. I have three places to go in the neighborhood so I don’t have to walk home. Dunkin’ Donuts, Burger King, and the park in El Sauce. The latter is my favorite just because of the view. Speaking of view the mountain looked AMAZING this morning. I’m hoping it looks that good in the morning so that when I video the house I can get the perfect view of it.
Lets see…. After, I “blogged” last night me and Teni had a talk. We talked about how she has been sooo good and respectful since Robin has been gone. She realizes Robin will be home in a week and is excited about it because she expressed that she really misses her. She also knows that I will be leaving in a week. I told her I was going to be really sad and cry when I have to leave. She was like yea I’m going to be sad too. I said, Tenisha I love you and I’m going to miss you SOO much! To which she responded I love you too and will miss you too. Then we changed the subject because I didn’t want to talk about it anymore ha!
So today… we get home after a good day at school and me having a good day in at Dunkin Donuts getting journaling and other stuff figured out for the week and then walking to the mall for icing for the cake I baked—more on that later. We got home and Amanda was telling us about camp and then told Teni to go to the other room. We’re in the middle of a conversation when I hear all these sounds coming from her. I’m like uh… is the kid dying? So I walk to the office and am like what is your problem? Are you ok? She’s like I’m hungry. I’m like well just wait I’m talking to Amanda. A few minutes I hear her throwing a crazy big fit crying like I just went in there and told her she couldn’t eat for a week and then spanked her. I ignore this issue and continue the conversation. When we’re done… I go back to the office where I find my “poor and abused” child. I’m like SIT UP! Yea, I yelled in sign language. I’m like why are you crying… she’s hungry. I’m like did you forget where the food is in this house? Her famous blank stare… I’m like… DID YOU FORGET WHERE THE FOOD IN THIS HOUSE IS?? No response and same blank stare to which she was sent to her room. I walk in a few minutes later and ask again… still no response and a lot of pouting. So I just walk downstairs to make myself some lunch and to make Teni her punishment food—Peanut Butter and Jelly. You see, she knows how to make a cup of soup or at lease get a bag of chips—point is she could have eaten something and knew Amanda and I were talking. So I go with the PB and J knowing this will be punishment enough for this insane behavior. She comes downs stairs and is met by me and the sandwich. We have a conversation that she knew I was in a conversation and she also knows how to make the soup and today for lunch she would be eating the PB and J. She’s like but I don’t like that… I know but you could have made the soup and didn’t. Go sit down at the table and eat your lunch. To which another crying fit happened. I just eat my lunch in the kitchen thinking she’s probably going to throw it away and get something else. Ok, so basically she took one bit and went upstairs to fix her hair and came back down to eat the rest. I sat her down and asked why she was being so bad today? She’s been good all of July and one week left she’s going to be bad? Blank Stare! I’m like talk to me child, what’s wrong. Blank Stare! I’m like ok, I’ll just call Martha and tell her we won’t be coming to David’s birthday party tomorrow. The tears start and I’m like stop crying and tell me what’s wrong today. Do you just miss Robin is that why you’re being bad? The tear roll down her face and her head nods. I’m like whew! At least I got a solution to the issue. We discuss that it is ok to miss Robin and that I miss her too and we can cry together about missing her. At this point we hug, I tell her to go make soup and I’ll eat the PB and J tomorrow. Things were SO much better after that… it’s understandable. I’m sure her heart is really confused. She misses her mama Robin and is read to see her but I’m leaving the next day so I’m sure that’s difficult too. Pray for her heart and understanding.
We tutored and cleaned up her room. Amanda found a bag of black beans one of the teams bought to make shakers with the hearing kids. She jokingly says cook them. I’m like uh ok. She laughs and says I’m just being silly. I take the beans and cook em. You know, it was my first pot of beans to cook but they taste AMAZING! I was hoping to not have to eat rice and beans anymore while I’m here. We have enough other stuff to not have to but nope, Tenisha wanted to eat rice and beans tonight. Ha! I kept some for use for this next week and froze the rest for when Robin gets back. We also baked a chocolate cake today for David’s birthday tomorrow. I’m going to decorate it tomorrow morning but wanted Tenisha to be in on the baking. She really enjoys the kitchen and cooking. It was fun… taste pretty good and of course we ate the raw dough… that was the best!
My hair is still being styled. Apparently my everyday hairstyle of a messy bun and clipped back bangs is ugly now. As I’m told by my precious daughter. I don’t think she understands that I can’t just wear my hair down it is way to long and thick and it’d be super poofy. Ha! Ok, going to go now… I will talk to you soon. Love You All!
Happy Birthday Jill Rowan!!! Hope it was great and full of blessings! Love and Miss YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
poor teni! and my poor bridgette! i'll be praying for you, teni and robin--it will be a huge adjustment for all 3 of you! i'm sorry it has to come to an end for now, but i'm ready to see you!
have a great last few days--memories of a lifetime!
hugs and kisses
love u MORE
Post a Comment