Saturday, June 21, 2008

American Living

This is going to be an update from yesterday... Sorry I didn´t get the chance to post last night. We ended up buying more movies, relaxing, and watching them. It was a good night. I totally felt like I was a lost American in Honduras. I know walking the streets here I´ve got a big sign on my back that screams... GRINGA! But I haven´t really felt as though I have been living like an American here, which is good, I don´t want to. I left American and should blend into my new culture. I´m learning.

But yesterday well we just looked like hardcore Americans. We went to the gourmet shop and bought lots of fun stuff. I know what your thinking... GOURMET SHOP?? Well let me tell you about this shop. It´s right down the road from the house, walking distance, perfect!

This name of the shop is Esso or in American would be known as Exxon or just a gas station works. American foods like bacon, whip creme, cake mixes, icing, even the sprinkle kind that they don´t sell in America anymore, and so much more great American products can be found at your local Gas Station.... Gourmet Shop.

So we picked up bacon for breakfast, strawberry icing for a cake, m and ms, dark chocolate, sprinkle icing for Joy-- I´m bringing it back to her. So we made a yellow cake with strawberry icing and ate lots of pizza while watching movies. Could you get more American? I think not.

But it was a great night. Didn´t do much the morning part of the day. Sharon, thank you for the card, what a GREAT surprise! Mom, I got your package too it was FUN! Just FYI if you want to send letters and packages that´s great, it takes about 3 weeks for a regular mailed package and longer for express, I´m not sure why. But make sure you put Senas de Amor and Bridgette Coleman on the envelope too. Thanks!

We´re going to the clean beach today. One you can swim in. It´s a little farther of a drive than just walking down our road but It´ll be fun! I´ve got to keep up with my tan ha!

May each of your weekends be full of blessings, rest and relaxation. Lori, I´m SO excited for ya´ll to be going home. May the Lord bless and keep you all! Love Ya´ll!

2 comments:

Phillip said...

You can get all that at a gas station huh? Hey how much is gas there anyways? Glad to hear you had fun at the beach! All my love...

Jackie Rita said...

Yeah how much is gas there? Glad you had a good day even though this was like weeks ago :) LOVE YOU