Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cheaters never Win!

It´s true especially when playing Uno. But I won something different today when Robin and I cheated at Uno. We went into the villiage of La Masica to visit Cisco. He is a very sweet man who has cancer. The cancer has gotten worse of the past few years that Signs of Love has been working in his life. Treatment is very expensive and the medical knowledge is limited so he´s learning to live with a tumor on his face.

I can remember Cisco from last year at camp. Of course from the cancer, but more specifically because I sat with him and helped him make one of the crafts they had for the adults. He was really closed off to the physical touch and love last year. To see the growth in this man and the way he has really let down his wall is incredible. Robin, Tenisha, Amanda, and I went and played UNO with him today. The way his face lit up when we drove up was so great! He was so excited to see people that he know would look past his cancer and look into his heart and love on him.

He gave the longest hug... so we all provided him with the healing touch! We cheated a couple of times to let him win and everytime it was so fun to see him excited that he had beat the gringas! He won five times, I won none! He thought that was SO funny! Oh what a precious man! Pray for his pain to be minimal. Like any cancer, there is no cure only time for this man. Pray for his comfort and peace to be upon him.

You are all a blessing in my life. I appreciate your interest in everything that is going on over here. Love to You All!

3 comments:

Phillip said...

thats touching, I will defiantly be praying for him. I love you!

Anonymous said...

enjoyed talking to you--the phone definately died--sorry! hopefully the email will be back up tomorrow and i can catch up on that.
talk to you soon.
hugs and kisses to all,
love u MORE

Jackie Rita said...

Oh yeah I remember him. We sat for a long time and helped him on that thingy. Glad that he has let down his wall and has allowed ppl to come into his life. How AMAZING is our GOD!!