Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Hot and Sweaty...

Well, the title sums up today. Picked up the teams at the hotel this morning, fed em breakfast, and then we were all sent off into the streets of La Ceiba with one of the Signs of Love deaf leaders.

It was a really great expirence. I was partnered with Ruth and her little 6 month old baby Flinn. He is super cute and I wouldn´t mind bringing him home with me either. hee hee... But we walked around the town square part of La Ceiba which was rather interesting. We saw a lot of different shops-- mostly lined up on the street. We even went to the meat market that was just plain nasty. The smells and flies were disgusting... but over it was a really great expirence. Just super super hot!

Came back to the mission house and the teams prepared for camp while we finished up our last minute tasks and went the grocery store to buy stuff for tomorrow. I went all by myself so I´m pretty proud. We ate at the place tonight where I ate the fish eyes last year. No Jackie--- I didn´t eat them again, I shared them with Tenisha! ha!

We´re going into villages tomorrow until 2 so that will be fun and interesting since I´ll be driving. It´ll be hot too so just Pray for all of us to stay hydrated and ready to go, full of strength.

I´m off to shower cause well... I´m hot and sweaty! So I´ll chat with you later! Love Ya´ll!

4 comments:

Phillip said...

Ha ha the meat was nasty huh? sounds exactly like the meat was in Iraq. You've been driving by yourself?! I'm so proud of you honey!!! Well I hope it cools down down there. ttuS

Anonymous said...

love the blogs-makes me feel like i'm there! sounds like we better start adding on with all the kiddos you're planning on bringing home! lol
glad u passed on the fish eyes!
have fun today as you go into the villages! may god bless your day!
love u MORE

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading all your adventures and what God has instore for you each day. I agree with your mom, it makes me feel like I am there. Keep up the good work and still praying for you and your teams.

Jackie Rita said...

You didnt eat them??? I have to disagree with your mom. You should have ate them in memory :) but this time just swallowed them whole unlike last time.

How is Tenisha doing? Any bad attitudes or jealous streaks?