Just got home from one of the villiages and I´m posting early so that I will be able to shower and nap. I´m home alone right now because the other girls are with Robin in a different viillage and won´t be back until late because it´s so far away. It´s a good time for me to relax and chill. YEAH!
We went into the villiage of Elixer today. It was wonderful! I think I have found my favorite villiage. This is definetly the one. I had the priviledge of riding the bus last year to pick up kids for camp and this is the villiage we drove up into. Plus, one of my favorite little boys who was my camp sweetheart last year lives there. I feel like this villiage represents true villiage life in the modesty of their living. I got it on video so I will have to share it with you all soon. I think many of you would appreicate how simple these people live.
We had 24 kids for the program today. This includes hearing and deaf. That was the most we have had since going into villiages last week. So it was very exciting. We have one more villiage left for tomorrow and I can´t wait to share with you about it. I´m planning on getting video of it too so that you can expirence two of them. This is a Garifunia or something like that villiage. This is the group of slaves that crashed onto Honduras during the slave days. They escaped making Honduras their home. Their culture is very distinct within the culture of Honduras I´m thinking it is going to be an incredible expirence!!!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So a little Jealous... but in a good way :) Dont forget to take LOTS of pictures and remember everything. :) Am I asking a lot???
JK but I cant wait for you to come back and tell me all about it. So when I become an accountant and if I can ever pay off my student loans we should vacation there. I'm not asking because I already know you will want to :)
So just FYI I posted comments for the last 3 days. (idk if it tells you or what but yeah I am a little behind)
Love you friend!!
Sounds like a very rewarding day!
I'm glad you have the video camera to capture it! I'll be excited to see it all!
Be safe, have fun and be blessed!
Hugs and kisses to all
love u MORE!
Thank You God that You have called this little 'ole Edna/Industrial girl to the uttermost parts of the earth! You can use us ALL, if we are only willing! Thank you for confirming to Bridgette the calling You have placed on her life. Use this summer to break her and mold her!
Continuing to pray..........
Post a Comment