Thursday, July 17, 2008

It started Rough...

The day that is... but luckily all of the wonderful prayers being sent up smoothed things out. I helped at the school this morning which went really well. I helped the teacher teach them how to learn sentences. But it also gave me an idea on how Tenisha acts at school which is um... very much like the child being raised by Americans. She kind of acts like she knows it all-- which I´m not saying she doesn´t but... yeah. During their break she pulled some MAJOR pre-teen additude stuff. So we had a serious talk when we got home about how she better change the way she acts at school and unless she wanted to miss out on a lot of fun things this weekend she better change the way she was acting toward me. She apologized and has been great since then so hopefully we have that little bout out of the way. But man, I sure was thinking it was going to be a ROUGH day.

The afternoon consisted of tutoring and craft time. She loved both. We played solitare and Uno about a million and half times. But she loved it all. It´s crazy that another week has gone by-- where are they going to quickly???

We´re walking over to the Thomas´house after school-- her party was canceled tomorrow due to a strike within the education system. Our school isn´t participating because we are private but they thought it would be better to cancel the party until next Friday which will work out perfectly. They are having the Raffle Drawing for the Cow so hopefully I´l l be able to let everyone know that we won a baby cow tomorrow... ha ha!

Anyway, I better go so I can get my wonderful child motivated and off to shower and bed. Talk to you all soon! We are in the teens on the days until I will be home... 19 to be exact and it´s absolutely INSANE! Thanks some more for the wondeful prayers!

And Yes Lori, it does appear as though she got a physics lesson in... ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny how miss teni feels so comfortable with you now that she acts like you're the mom! acting up! silly girl!
hey, good luck on the baby calf! funnnnnnnny! no, i don't think you could smuggle one home in your suitcase! lol
looking forward to seeing you!
hugs and kisses
love u MORE!

Jackie Rita said...

Yes mommy!! LOL You are doing a WONDERFUL job friend!

Can you be my mommy and take care of me??