Thursday, July 31, 2008

8 Miles...

That´s the approximation of how much I walked today. I started out walking from Teni´s school-- I´m guessing that´s about 2 miles. Then, after picking her up we walked to the Thomas´ house to change into the swimsuits to go to the beach. Then all of us walked to Popeyes. I´d say both of those trips were about a mile. So we go to the beach in a taxi and swim... which was AMAZING!

We had a great time getting to be together again. The kids enjoyed it and the waves were PERFECT. A dog stole our leftover chicken so that was a bummer... but we built an incredible sand castle. So we get ready to go knowing we have to hike back up the dirt road to the main road in order to even find a taxi. We´re hiking... it´s pretty hilly... I have mine and Teni´s towels in a backpack and we´re good to go. During the hike we get a phone call from Brian saying he and the team are on their way back from the villiage and will pick us up on the main road. We make it to the road and keep on trucking back to La Ceiba hoping the team will be coming soon to pick us up. We get to a point for a rest just when we see the team pulling over. We are guessing this walk was about 5 miles. Whew! It was crazy... fun... uncomfortable-- sand and wet pants... NOT FUN! But I LOVED IT!!

Tenisha doesn´t have school tomorrow so we´re going to treat it as our ¨last day¨. She doesn´t know this yet... ha! That way if plans happen to change there will be no dissappointment. But, I´m hoping to take a bus over to the center of town and go to the Carrion-- a namebrand store-- and buy her a birthday outfit. Then we´re going to go and get a hotdog and enjoy it in the town square and we might even stop and get a juice drink. I think it will be fun and it will get us out of the house. Then it´s Saturday-- that´ll be a lay low, clean up day. Sunday-- is church, Monday-- we´re going to eat Baleadas at the mall and then walk over to the Thomas´for one last afternoon with them-- Tuesday is decorations, birthday Robin day! EXCITING!

Ok, sorry for all the lasts Martha-- I know we´re not talking about it... It looks like an exciting next few days but they are all planned out by God so we´ll see what ACTUALLY happens in them. We have had a fabulous last week together so far and I know it is going to continue to be filled with blessings. I do thank you for your sweet prayers concerning the matter. It is getting easier for me to ¨leave¨ knowing that we had a great last week together but I know it´s still going to be very difficult to leave this child and the country.

Pray also, for Amanda´s husband Orlan. He has been VERY sick over the past few days but has gone to the doctor and is at home being taken care of by his mom. But pray for his healing and for Amanda´s peace during this time.

Love Ya´ll!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like u are having a good last few days--pretty soon you'll have to start thinking of "firsts" instead of "lasts"--1st drink of sweet tea with peach, 1st day home, etc u're making me sad and i'm excited for you to come home! as for walking--hey, dad sell the car! ha! jk good excercise though!
have a fun last couple of days!
hugs and kisses
love u MORE!